1/02/2018

New technique for attaching book covers.

I finished the antique lace cover I made for my granddaughter Madi's guest book for her wedding  in March.  I'm so happy to be able to contribute to the big event.  She is my oldest son's only child.  The laces are all from my most treasured stash and the button on the front is also an antique which I hand painted.

Here is a view of the back.  Unfortunately all of the beadwork does not show up in the photo.'

It opens nicely and lays flat.

I tried a new technique to anchor the cover to book.  In the past I have used filet crocheted lace to attach  a cover.  This time I bought cream-colored, knee-high nylon tights and cut a length that would slide tightly over the cover.  Then I anchored the finished cover to the nylon.  It works beautifully.  The nylon tight section stretches tightly over the entire cover and on the inside is  barely noticeable.  Very tidy indeed.

I blogged about trying this technique October 22nd when I started this project not knowing if it would work... delighted it did.  I can see great possibly for this technique in other book making applications.

 on

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a beautiful heirloom book! Any bride and groom would be thrilled to have this for their wedding. Rather brilliant to use the tights too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts