3/18/2017

Old beloved rusty stuff...

Last summer I gather up some old iron wheels to act as a support for a clematis I planted here... Then every time I ran across a rusty broken tool I put it here along with some old rusty watering cans.

I have used this rusty old wheel barrow for about 40 years.  I liked it because it has a flat shallow bed perfect for moving pots etc. even after the bottom was rusting through..  Last fall one of the handles broke.  I thought I would make a new handle but know I won't but I will still love it forever... so it has a resting place with the other rusty stuff.  If I leave it stand alone I know DH will want to haul it to the dump... but now it is a part of a vignette.... and is officially "garden art."  Yesterday I surrounded it with dwarf iris, hardy geraniums and brunnera.  Tomorrow I'll poke in some daffodils also.

Lots of my "garden art" gets moved about.  This sign I made from an old pump has stood by the shop in the barn since the nursery days.  I gave it a fresh look-over today and decided it is due for a makeover and I'm thinking that maybe by the chicken house would be a good place.. repainted "Fresh Eggs by Happy Hens"











I found another old pump by the pond and it has   a wonderful patina and I am mulling over where it can go..  Not sure where yet but I'm thinking maybe in the peony patch.. Isn't it too gorgeous for words... DH just will never understand how I can love this old junk...

The rustier and crustier the better..












And earlier this month I mentioned that I had heard from a dear friend who I thought I had lost touch with forever... Well today she came and we chatted   for
hours and were able to catch up with all that has happened in the last few years and we vowed to always keep in closer  touch.. She had gone through many life changes since I had last seen her and I was so glad to see her so happy now.  She is the most positive person I have ever known... beautiful inside and out...She whistled bird songs with the symphony orchestra last winter.. You have to love somebody who has that talent....

3 comments:

margaret said...

this display is so artistic and look forward to seeing it once the flowers have established themselves

Marilyn said...

Its so nice to reconnect with old friends. I like your rusty arrangements. One of my favourite things is old abandoned buildings. I look at them and wonder who lived in them and what their lives must have been like.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's a good thing that some of us appreciate old rusty things - otherwise they'd all be in the landfill and not giving joy to anybody. Glad you had a wonderful re-connect with your friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts