12/03/2011

What's next!!!

DH is gone with a tour and I am spending the weekend trying to catch up and get organized...I still have stuff to unpack from the September retreat and I have so many piles and bags of projects that it's overwhelming... I needed to stop and decide what to do next...

Of course there is the CQ journal project and since it is about Morris, it will be pure whimsy and only one small block a month.  I hadn't bought any cotton off a bolt since the early 70s when I quit sane quilting.  I was in JoAnns with my DIL and looked at some black and white  striped cotton prints...  I thought the quality was absolutely terrible..  Where does one find quality cotton with a good thread count..? I could practically see through their stuff... yuk!

Then there is the faux goldwork RRs I want to get going in January.  I was amazed and gratified at how many people showed an interest.  I am using the blocks I started in Allies piecing class in Wichita and just need to add a bit more to it and cut it into squares..  I did find some tick-tacky gold trims at JoAnns to use on this project and I have a HUGE bag of gold stuff gathered.  This has been a project in the works for a couple years anyways..  I'm thinking that I am going to ask for the RR stitchers to do Jacobean flowers on my blocks..




The last new project is special.... the Hoffman Challenge... Remember I said last January that this was going to be the year I entered.  The fabric hasn't arrived yet but should any day.. What I'm making is not large at all so will not take a lot of time but I want it to be very special... I have been gathering a bag of yummy pastel trims, laces, etc.  for some time to add to it and what is really special are a collection of silk threads I won from Daisy's Garden last spring which will be perfect for this.....
She is having a sale right now on her Dinky Dyes silk ribbons.   I am sooooooooooo hungry for pastels.  I bought several little charms from the Pink Bunny while in Wichita just for this project... It not only specializes in crazy quilting supplies, it sponsored the Victorian Stitchery Retreat I just attended...

So along with working with the suffrage quilt it looks to be a fun and varied stitching winter.. Also I am still looking for Ritva's block which has gotten in with something else.  When I find it, it will be #1 to get done.

Addendum: Using my husband's line "It's not lost, I just don't know where it is!"  Isn't it  amazing what one finds when you clean and organize.  Sure enough I just found Ritva's block in with the large blocks I took to CO so it on top of my list tomorrow... Whew!!!!!

4 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Love the energy in this post!! Clean up, organize and get ready for the next great thing...I'm finding myself feeling eager and excited for your projects too!

In Morris' quilt, are you planning on using fancies or cottons or both? I'm pretty sure I have a black white check silk somewhere and a HUGE amount of tan silk. I'll be organizing in the next few weeks too and will keep my eye open.

Good Sunday and Good luck!

Beth French said...

As a long time quilter, I can tell you that Joann's is not the place to shop for good quality fabric. The reason their fabric is so inexpensive is because they start with lesser quality fabric and then have it printed. I've also heard they buy up the early test runs for different fabric lines which are done on lesser quailty greige goods. If you have a real quilt shop in your area, I would buy from them. equilter.com is a very good source online that I have bought from many times. Happy Stitching!

Cathy said...

I buy a lot of my cotton fabrics from FABRIC.COM online. I just participated in a black/white 2.5 strip swap with a sane yahoo group so have quite a bit. What size pieces are you looking for? I could probably send quite a variety to you.

All of your projects sound like such fun. I stitched quite a few jacobean flowers back in the 70s when I did crewel embroidery to keep my hands busy when I quit smoking. I love that style.

Cathy L

Mosaic Magpie said...

When something is lost you always find it in the last place you look. You aren't looking any more so it's the last place you looked....Okay I am not a comedian! Fun stuff upcoming for you! I am still trying to decide on a color scheme for CQJP and you have the whole quilt planned!
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts