12/08/2011

Remember my "Singer Cover" project?

Remember my project to make a cover for my beloved featherweight and then it morphed into a wall hanging.... Well before I changed directions I had already made the end pieces for it.. 

This Sunday our duplicate bridge unit is having its Christmas party and there will be a LOT of slack time...waiting for games to start, waiting for scores to be posted, waiting for dinner, waiting, waiting, waiting..

So I'm out of "traveling" projects and then I spied the long forgotten end pieces for the singer cover pinned to a board...  There were two of them and I played around a bit and basted them into one piece..



I added  velvet for the back and will use the plaid taffeta for a lining... The taffeta is a thrift store find and there was about 3 yards of it and I'll use it for the back of my suffrage quilt..  The colors are actually beige and black...not yellow.







This picture is out of focus and don't have time to shoot it again...but you get the idea...  Now I need to add chainette fringe, beaded fringe, lace and velvet ribbon around the bottom and it can all be done BY HAND.... One little corner upper right has a little gap but a a great spot for buttons... Not only that I will get to use an awkward piece of braid that I have been searching for the right spot for yearsssssssssssss///

Of course when I went to the barn to find some black fringe I discovered I had used it all up on the BoHo kits so will have to improvise... This has been sitting around a couple years and only took 2 (well maybe closer to 3) hours to put to together...  My featherweight is happy and I'm happy to have something to take Sunday to keep my hands busy while w  a  i  t  i  n  g!!!!



3 comments:

Mánya said...

Your cover is already beautiful. I am looking forward to see the what all the "waiting" on Sunday will do with it :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry, I think it's amazing how much stitching you get done. I absolutely love the colours in the cover. Good luck with your bridge! Blessings from Lesley UK

Susan Elliott said...

Good for you! Finishing that project and making something useful for your machine. I need a cover for my machine too....and an ironing board cover (my current one is a complete embarrassment)...and a new apron based on an old one that I love but is falling apart...

Glad to see you have it all covered...it looks so regal to be covering your sewing machine...I think she's going to feel like a queen with such a magnificent "coat"...happy day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts