8/14/2011

Buckle Dilemna and YOU CAN VOTE!!!

I have a large collection of buckles that I've garnered at thrift stores.  There are always a lot of them so everyone must think gaudy buckles are in poor taste... but those "everyones" don't have a CQ outlook... I sent Susie home with a couple of my favorites and now I'm reviewing my decision for this bag...

This is the one I've had pinned to it...  I love the old metal, art-deco look but it is a bit large.. It isn't really going to "buckle" into anything...the weight of it will keep the flap in place when closed.












 #1 I initially thought the over the top glitz might work.











#2  This is a real option.  I love the flower shape and I can add any stone to it from the bracelet I bought the other day..










#3 Glitz AND butterfly...  This one is a beauty.










I do like the brass as it fits with some of the trim and this echos the shape of the stone lower and to the left.  I could even paint in the center of  this one..













Finally this one has old metal AND glitz.... Actually I love them all and I need to pick just one... If you have a favorite leave a comment PLEASE...  I'd love to hear some other opinions.  It was so nice to have Susie here to yak about ideas.






21 comments:

Sandi said...

I like all of your choices, but 2 & 4 are my choices. I think I like the shape of 4 best. I love the old gold look with your bag.

Lisa Boni said...

I like the repeating element of #4! All fun though, especially that butterfly!

Anonymous said...

At first I liked 2 and 4, but then I scrolled down and saw the last one and I just love it. Jane in MO

Mánya said...

Quite an impressive collection of buckles (too)!
I would most definitely go with no.4, because of the oval shape and its color (for what it's worth, my DH also picked no.4).
Whichever you'll choose, this bag is going to be gorgeous!

Faith said...

#4 is what I'd choose. #2 would be my second choice.

Cathy said...

I am following the crowd with my picks of 2 or 4. How many lbs. is your bag going to weigh when finished? Will you be walking lopsided?

Jane S. said...

They're all beautiful, but I like the glitzy butterfly the best because of the unusual shape and extra sparkle.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I like #2....could you add a little of that patina to it, it would give it a richness. Maybe in the center you do a little painting like your buttons.
I like Cathy's comment....how much will it weigh? Never fear if it is too heavy for you I will gladly tote it around!
Deb

lambs and ivy designs said...

I like number 2 also. I love the idea from MosaicMagpie about adding patina. I think it would then be perfect!!

Pearl said...

The one you have pinned on it now is my fav! Beautiful back regardless.

Unknown said...

I like the oval brass one. (Actually, I like them all.)

Anonymous said...

Looks like #4 is the favorite and it is nice, but I love me some bling and #5 has the gold along with bling. Put me down for #5!
SusieW

Anonymous said...

From the colours I see on screen No4 fits the bill. It looks as though it's meant to be there.Hope you'll be putting up your fabric packs soon Gerry.
Pam UK

Marilyn said...

I love the butterfly but I'd worry about knocking out the stones so I'd probably go with the oval brass one. I don't know how you could even narrow it down to these few - your collection is awesome.

Lorraine said...

Fabulous collection! Like others, all are lovely but think #4 is my fav. There is my 2 bits...

Susan Elliott said...

I guess I'm the lone one who likes number 3. I like the old brass and the green circle center...

Susan Elliott said...

P.S. The bag looks fabulous Gerry!!

Ati said...

I would use number 2 or 5.Good luck! :-)

black bear cabin said...

i like the first one that isnt numbered...and number 4. :) very pretty!

Momma Bear said...

I kike #4 the brass buckle.
some of the others get swallowed up in the business of the piece or they stand out too much and take away from it.
the brass buckle stands out and doesn't take away from the overall design.

Cathy said...

Hi Gerry, the bag is looking incredibly lovely. I like the look of #5, but it is probably too large and heavy. I guess my next choice would be #4 if you paint on it..... :-) How great to have so many wonderful choices! I see another trip to the thrift store in my future.... Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts