8/01/2010

Sketch for Margreet's owl

This is about as detailed as any sketch I do for CQ because it always changes as I begin stitching...and also due to thread etc. selections..

Although I chose to use a barn owl instead of the fluffy owl on the book rack, I did adapt the art nouveau background from it... sorta.... The two odd-shaped images near his feet are pine cones.. probably will dye some ribbon to do them..

Also will probably do the owl on a hoop just because it will be a LOT of stitching... Now it kinda looks like a gargoyle, when the owl is done and puffed it will move out from the background... hopefully....

Granddaughter left this am... I was waiting for a call to go back to the airport and gather her or some of her luggage home again... She had a LOT.... Loved her visit...very special time

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I envy your sketching skill. I consider my own attempt "primitive." That works for some projects. It's a very handsome owl.

Susan Elliott said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your GD. Her visit seemed so short!

I liked to see where your owl idea came from...you picked a beauty! I've no doubt that it will be glorious...plus the colors of that owl will be perfect on her block. Good to be reading your tales again...

piney cq said...

Oh, Gerry! You just never cease to amaze me! This will be absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks soooo much for sharing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts